Fire Official Explains How Letting Travis Scott Know What Was Happening Could Have Helped

Fire Official Explains How Letting Travis Scott Know What Was Happening Could Have Helped

- in Uncategorized
18
0
fire-official-explains-how-letting-travis-scott-know-what-was-happening-could-have-helped

3 min agoTexas fire official explains how letting Travis Scott know what was happening could have helpedFrom CNN’s Claudia Dominguez

Houston Fire Department Assistant Fire Chief Ruy Lozano said that letting Travis Scott know what the situation was could have helped, since he had “the largest microphone in the venue.”

In an interview with CNN Tuesday, Lozano mirrored what Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña said previously of the Astroworld incident. 

“I agree with the fire chief, letting the artist know the situation and saying that he has the largest microphone in the venue, it may have helped,” Lozano said. 

While Lozano added he could not “definitely say” if it would have changed the outcome, having the artist “involved” could have made a difference.

“Because the concentration was up against the stage, having that large microphone, explaining to the crowd and hopefully, and that is hope, that the crowd would listen,” he said.

Lozano said a way to do things differently in the future is to hold concerts in a “traditional brick-and-mortar venue” which keeps the crowds compartmentalized and doesn’t allow for someone at the back of the venue to surge to the front of the venue.

21 min agoAt least 18 lawsuits related to the festival have been filed From CNN’s Travis Caldwell and Rosa Flores

At least 18 lawsuits related to the Astroworld festival had been filed by Monday evening in Harris County District Court in Texas.

Event organizer Live Nation Entertainment was named as a defendant in all but one of the suits, while Travis Scott was named in most. Other people and organizations involved in the concert, including NRG Stadium as well as actor and musician Drake, were named in at least one of the suits.

“The injuries have had a serious effect on the Plaintiff’s health and well-being. Some of the effects are permanent and will abide with the Plaintiff for a long time into the future, if not for his entire life,” one of the lawsuits stated.Other lawsuits allege serious injuries from being “trampled” during the crowd crush as well as “emotional distress.”

The lawsuit in which Drake is named accuses him of helping to incite the crowd as the “surprise guest” alongside Scott, both of whom stayed on stage as “the crowd became out of control,” the suit says.

Drake posted Monday on social media: “My heart is broken for the families and friends of those who lost their lives and for anyone who is suffering. I will continue to pray for all of them, and will be of service in any way I can.”

Scott tweeted on Saturday: “I’m absolutely devastated by what took place last night. My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival.”

NRG told CNN in a statement it is unable to comment at this time. CNN has reached out to Scott, Live Nation and others named in the suits.

1 hr 34 min ago3 people injured at Astroworld Festival remain hospitalizedFrom CNN’s Rosa Flores

Three people who were injured at the Astroworld Festival over the weekend are still in the hospital, Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña told CNN. Two of those people are in critical condition.

Eight people were killed and dozens more were injured at the Astroworld Festival in Houston on Friday night.

One of those severely hurt Friday was a 9-year-old boy who’s in a medically induced coma, his grandfather said.

4 min agoDrake speaks out on “devastating” Astroworld tragedyFrom CNN’s Chloe Melas

Drake in Long Beach, California, on October 30, 2021. (Amy Sussman/Getty Images)Drake is speaking out for the first time since the Astroworld Festival in Houston which resulted in the deaths of eight concertgoers. 

He took to Instagram and wrote, “I’ve spent the past few days trying to wrap my mind around this devastating tragedy. I hate resorting to this platform to express an emotion as delicate as grief but this is where I find myself,” he wrote.

“My heart is broken for the families and friends of those who lost their lives and for anyone who is suffering. I will continue to pray for all of them, and will be of service in any way I can. May God be with you all.”Drake had performed at the festival on Friday, which over 50,000 fans attended.

Travis Scott, the music festival’s founder, said on Monday that he will cover all funeral costs for the eight victims who died. Separately, organizers of Astroworld will provide a full refund to all ticket holders – both those who attended Friday and those who held tickets for Saturday’s canceled events.

Several individuals who were injured at the event are still in the hospital, including a 9-year-old boy who is currently in a medically-induced coma, his family says.  

1 hr 52 min agoA 9-year-old injured at Astroworld is in medically induced coma, his grandfather saysFrom CNN’s Raja Razek 

A nine-year-old boy who was seriously injured at

Source Title:
Fire official explains how letting Travis Scott know what was happening could have helped

Go To The SourceRead More

Leave a Reply

You may also like

The Manhunt For The Parents Of The Alleged Michigan School Shooter Is Ongoing. They Stand Charged With Four Counts Of Involuntary Manslaughter.

(CNN)Hours after a prosecutor announced involuntary manslaughter charges