(CNN)Thirty-five House Republican broke ranks Wednesday evening to support legislation that would establish an independent commission to investigate the January 6 insurrection at the US Capitol.
The bill now moves to the Senate where it faces an uncertain fate as GOP resistance is growing.
The GOP defections in the House showcased a significant break with Republican leadership in the chamber and former President Donald Trump, who had urged members to vote against the legislation.
Here are the House Republicans who broke with their party:
- Tom Rice of South Carolina
- Dan Newhouse of Washington
- Adam Kinzinger of Illinois
- Jaime Herrera Beutler of Washington
- David Valadao of California
- Brian Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania
- Andrew Garbarino of New York
- Dusty Johnson of South Dakota
- Chris Smith of New Jersey
- David McKinley of West Virginia
- Jeff Fortenberry of Nebraska
- Maria Elvira Salazar of Florida
- Mariannette Miller-Meeks of Iowa
- Stephanie Bice of Oklahoma
- Michael Guest of Mississippi
- Trey Hollingsworth of Indiana
- Carlos Gimenez of Florida
- Cliff Bentz of Oregon
Go To The SourceRead More